Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Long live the blog!

When I first started this blog I did it for myself, and some family and friends who lived out of town and wanted to follow along with the pregnancy of our first born. I tried for a brief time to continue updating the blog after she was born with how things were going and what we were up to, but let’s face it, having a newborn around was a bit of a time suck. 10 weeks after she was born I hopped on the “working mom” train and I've been there ever since, so between working, raising my family, buying and selling a new house and everything in between I haven’t been the best at blogging.

I recently decided I wanted to get back into it, but I needed to find a passion or something that I was good at to actually blog about. There are a bazillion mommy bloggers and besides the handful of friends and family who live out of state and care about what were up to, I didn't think I was clever enough to come up with blogs day after day about our life (not that we’re not exciting people) but honestly posting our daily routine is kinda boring when we all work 5 days a week.

I kept coming up short with blog ideas since I’m not really an expert at anything, so I decided to do something for myself again. I am trying to get back into a running routine. I set goals for myself every year for running and when I can’t stay committed to a routine I fall short, as so many people do. I've been saying I wanted to run a full marathon ever since I did my first half marathon 3 year ago. Having a baby in that time set me back a bit, but she will be 2 in September and its time to get back at it (before I find myself pregnant and full of excuses again).

So I've started (again) a new running routine. My New Year’s Resolution this year was to run 15 races in 2015, and so far I've done…. None! So I’m going to start my training, get signed up for a few races and the ultimate goal is to run the Niagara Falls Marathon in October (it’s the only marathon to cross 2 countries – starting in Buffalo, NY and finishing in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada!) I am by no means a professional running expert, I will share my successes and failures of training, but this will all be my own personal opinion.


And because you’re always supposed to include pictures, I’ll leave with a picture from my second mother’s day. Sorry for the mean muggin’ on Little A, she’s usually always smiling, but I think the sun was in her eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment