Wednesday, July 24, 2013

28 Weeks

Yes I know I'm super far behind! I am not so good at taking the pictures which means I keep putting off posting until I have a picture. I'm doing a 28 week update here, but I don't have a picture. I will do my 29 week update shortly and I promise to have a photo then!



How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Up 24 lbs at my last doctor appointment, which was last Thursday the 18th
Maternity clothes?  Still yes and no on this one. I am finding that they do in fact make maternity clothes for a reason, but I still can't justify spending money on them!
Stretch marks?  Nope holding strong!
Sleep: Still sleeping really good actually. I don't even get up to pee in the middle of the night too often. I toss and turn a lot since being restricted to my sides isn't my preferred sleep position, but in general I can't complain. Baby Girl likes to move around a lot right at bed time and sometimes that prevents me from falling asleep right away, but I'm usually so tired it doesn't last long.
Best moment this week: We went camping with friends last weekend and had a really great time! They all have two little ones already so it was a good taste of baby fever! I was a little uncomfortable though since camping chairs and air mattresses aren't pregnant friendly, but its something we've done every year for a few years now and a fun tradition we are starting. I will share a photo at the end of this of our "Then and Now" last year when we went the other two with babies were pregnant, this year it was my turn. Things have changed for us!
Miss Anything?  Being comfortable with normal things, like sitting. I am starting to just feel uncomfortable all the time, sitting, standing, laying.... it all only lasts a few minutes before I need to change position. I am looking forward to getting back to my normal self!
Movement:  TONS!! Movements are so strong now and so frequent, I don't think she ever stops. We asked the doctor if this was normal and her reply was "An active baby is a healthy baby" So it seems like we just have one active little girl! Just like her parents I guess.... Neither Dan or I can sit still very long!
Food cravings:  Not really, the hungry all the time thing has sub-sided some, I just don't have room to eat a lot now. My sister's wedding this week has slowed down my ice cream at night, but other then that I pretty much eat what I want!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, gagged myself this morning a little bit brushing my teeth, still have a kinda sensitive gag reflex.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! Baby girl is growing perfectly, we had a sono and they took all her measurements of head and belly and everything is right on track, My belly was even measuring slightly ahead! (maybe she'll be here early!!)
Gender prediction: Its still a girl!! (Our sono confirmed this again on Thursday, lol)
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Its popped out! Not a lot but you can definitely tell!
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I am getting tired a lot more easily, and with the heat we've had lately its made it hard to breath outside (that and I have a little one squishing my lungs!!) I've finally got Dan to start working on the nursery! We're halfway through putting the dresser together, and we painted. I also got a few shower gifts in the mail, and a whole bunch of clothes were donated to me, so I am little by little working on the nursery! All things to just be excited about! Haven't gotten to the point of panic over having a baby soon!! I'm sure that will come!
Looking forward to: My Sister's wedding this week is the BIG one! Also looking froward to my shower that is only 2 weeks away now! I'm horrible at peeking at my registry, but Baby Girl already has some really nice things coming her way, and I can't wait to start organizing everything in the nursery! She needs so much stuff and I am so grateful and excited for the shower so we can get a little help with all the stuff she is going to need! Man babies are needy!

Below is a creepy picture from our sonogram this week. The tech had a hard time getting a good photo of her, she moves around a lot and she is getting so big that it was hard to capture the whole thing. The picture is of her face (you can kinda see her eyes, nose and mouth even though she's on her side).... She is in a Frank Breech position as of now, they are going to keep an eye on her and we're hoping she flips over on her own by 35 weeks, otherwise we may be looking at a scheduled C-section at 39 weeks.


And to the right is the other picture I promised from our camping trip! This was last years camping trip where the other two ladies were pregnant (Becky and Chris had just spilled the beans to us that weekend) and then our picture from this year, where we've added 2 more to our 6 pack and have another on the way!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment