Monday, August 5, 2013

30 Weeks - Almost there!

We have survived 30 weeks, only 10 more left! (Hopefully a little less if little girl wants to make an early appearance!) I am feeling pretty good and definitely nesting, which is exhausting in itself!  I'm going all out on my To-Do lists of everything that needs to be done, both at home and at work before baby. Shower is this weekend and after that once I get all organized, I think I will be ready! Sorta.

We had a doctors appointment this week and baby girl is still breech, she thinks she may have her head under my liver, she is tucked really far on my right side, which I've said all along, but she is measuring fine, and all the tests, heart rates, blood pressure, weight gain, etc.... all that usual stuff is right on track and we are looking good! We're still gonna wait and see what she decided to do by week 35-36, if she flips on her own we'll be waiting it out like the rest of the world, if she doesn't flip we'll schedule a c-section for the last week in September. So by the first week in September we should know a little more, which will make planning with work so much easier!



How far along? 30 weeks and counting
Total weight gain/loss:  Still up 24 lbs.
Maternity clothes?  Yes, and I'm usually in crisis mode finding something that fits that I haven't worn 3 times in a week already.
Stretch marks?  Nothing yet.
Sleep: Still sleeping relatively well, tossing and turning a little bit, getting up to pee every now and then in the middle of the night, but can't complain.
Best moment this week: This was a pretty average week I think, not really anything exciting. I guess I did get a few more things I ordered online for the nursery, and a few shower gifts came in the mail which is always exciting. 
Miss Anything?  Meh, I've made it this far, anything I miss is in my near future again at this point.
Movement:  Movement is getting very strong, I can feel almost every move she makes, kicks are definitely like kicks now and not just a weird gas bubble in my tummy. Sometimes I think she is trying to flip and can't, I'll feel her head (always on my right) but sometimes really low and sometimes really high.
Food cravings:  Pop! I can't get enough and I have to really cut myself off because I can't have that much caffeine, I think I just like the bubbles and the fact that it isn't water, but that's all I really want to drink. I also have had a bad thing for Snickers Ice cream bars. YUM!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing.
Gender prediction: Can't wait to meet my little lady!!
Labor Signs: I've had some shooting pains on my sides that feel like running cramps once in awhile, usually simultaneously as she kicks me, but I asked the doctor about it and (of course its not labor pains) but she said its completely normal and the baby may in fact be kicking something.
Belly Button in or out? In when I lay down and out when I stand up.... gravity I guess?
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!! So much to look forward to right now!
Weekly Wisdom: I am doing a lot of reading now, on breastfeeding, preparing for a newborn, what I can do to make transitions and healing time smoother, trying to plan out freezer meals and stocking up for grocery shopping, I figured I have the time now and I won't in a few weeks when I am trying to figure everything out. 
Looking forward to: A busy upcoming week... my mom's birthday dinner, a girls night out, Dan's parents are coming into town to visit and the shower this weekend, so I'll get to see a lot of family and friends this week!

Please excuse my nasty hair and lack of any make-up, it was a lazy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment