Monday, August 26, 2013

34 Weeks

34 weeks and very uncomfortable! We had a doctors appointment this morning and everything looks great, but baby girl is still breech. She did manage to flip over the doctor thinks, but she went the wrong way. Instead of head down, she is sitting right side up, with her head still ramming my ribs! Stubborn little thing. I got all my instructions for my C-section, since we're obviously still planning on that. Aside from being breech though, everything is great, my weight gain is right on track, (even though I feel like a horse), blood pressure and baby's heart rate are perfect and I confirmed today with the doctor if she thought I'd be able to work right up until the end and she said she has no reason to suspect that I'm at risk for pre-term labor, so we're doing great!
Heading off for a vacation in the Adirondacks on Wednesday, 5 days of relaxation should be great, except I'm a little worried about not having my bed or my couch, since I am not comfortable sleeping, sitting or standing anywhere, but it will be nice to get away before the baby comes, our last trip without our third wheel!



How far along? 34.1 weeks (yes every .1 counts at this stage)
Total weight gain/loss:  Gained 32 so far.
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep: Just very uncomfortable.
Best moment this week: Getting a little more of the nursery done, we hung curtains and picked up our area rug, also got a call that our glider should be in by the end of the week, so I should have that soon too. 
Miss Anything?  Being thin, and feeling like a normal human being. I think 6 months would have been perfect, beyond that is too long!
Movement:  Tons! The doctor said she feels her head up by my ribs (duh, I could have told her that) and her butt is real low, with her feet and legs kinda folded over and kicking behind my belly button, all things I already knew, I just thought her butt was a little more on the left but she said she thinks its down low. A Sono right at the end will confirm all this for us.
Food cravings:  Still doing my cocoa crispies thing every morning, but that's really it, otherwise I just eat a lot of anything really!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Labor Signs: Still getting the braxton hicks but that's okay. Nothing else yet.
Belly Button in or out? Mostly out, but depends on where baby girl is laying and what she's kicking on for sure.
Wedding rings on or off?  Off, sad day! They were getting very tight, so I decided to ditch them both before they got stuck, now I'm wearing a fake ring that's a little bigger just so I don't have to worry about it.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy, except when I can't get comfortable, then I'm a little whiny! There is just no good way to sit or lay anymore, 5 weeks is still a long time!!
Weekly Wisdom: Hang in there!! This is what I keep telling myself, It will be worth it in the end and I won't remember all this discomfort pretty soon! (repeat, repeat, repeat)
Looking forward to: Vacation on Wednesday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment