Monday, June 10, 2013

23 Weeks

23 weeks and counting!! We had another doctors appointment last week and everything with baby girl looks great! I measured spot on for 22 weeks, and her heart rate was perfect at 150. We will be having another unexpected sonogram next month just to check on her growth, only because I am among the 3% of women who have a heart shaped uterus rather then a pear or balloon shaped one, who knew?! I guess it just gives baby girl less room to grow in to, which is something they will monitor carefully. Of course as soon as she told me this bit of information I went into freak out mode, came home and hopped right on the internet, where they tell you all the best possible, and not at all exaggerated, information regarding something like this (They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true right?) I came to find out 1, apparently its difficult to conceive with this "condition", (could have fooled me) and 2 there is a high risk of miscarriage early on. The only thing we have to worry about now, as long as she continues growing right, is they will have me on watch for early delivery (fine by me) and a breech baby, which would lead to c-section. All this information so far has come from my research and not the doctor, so I think we'll find out a whole lot more at our next appointment July 1st.  At this point, I am just happy to get another sono, which is just another chance to see my little peanut. Also did I mention early delivery? I will get to meet her sooner!?!

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12 lbs. right on track according to the doctor
Maternity clothes?  Yes and No
Stretch marks?  No
Sleep: Sleeping through the night for the most part. Today I woke up at 5am, baby was moving around so much and so strong that there was no going back to sleep. Its now 10am and she has not stopped all morning!
Best moment this week: Feeling her move! Its constant now and Dan can feel any time he tries. She also does this thing where she somehow moves really far forward and we can feel huge hard bumps of her butt and head. Its sometimes very uncomfortable when she moves all my insides around, but it feels like a real baby when she does that.
Miss Anything? Working out!!! I really just want to go for a long run (which I intended to do all through pregnancy and that just was not gonna happen) I just really want to work out and feel like I'm in good shape again, I hate that my heart races just walking up the stairs. I'm committing myself to making sure I walk at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week!
Movement: All the time!!!
Food cravings: Getting away from the pop and caffeine now that I found out we're on watch. Not craving anything, but I eat way more sweets (ice cream) then I ever used to. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender prediction: Its a GIRL!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Flat.
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Another sonogram again next month



No comments:

Post a Comment