Friday, June 21, 2013

24 weeks and confessions of a pregnant women

24 weeks should be 6 months right? Still feeling good, nothing new to report really, so I thought I'd do a little blurb on random thoughts I have -  my confessions of a pregnant women!

- I still don't understand why all my life I was told being pregnant is 9 months, but now its actually 40 weeks. Isn't that 10 months? Don't get me started!

-This bending at the waist thing is way too hard, I don't think I'm gonna shave my legs for the rest of the summer (just kidding about this, maybe.)

-I never knew it was possible for my heart to race like I just finished a 5k, only to realize I am sitting still.

-I've been strangely resistant to the idea of getting a big belly. and gaining weight, I know it's inevitable, but I still don't like it and just think I look fat in everything.

-When she finally is born I'm terrified of the thought of letting other people hold her. I just want her to myself, I don't like to share!

-We finally picked a name, but we won't be sharing it with anyone! :-) Haha Sorry, this was a tease!

-I am really trying to enjoy every possible minute of being pregnant and not rushing this ahead because everyone just loves to tell us how much everything is going to change and how we're never going to sleep in again. I really love our life right now, I love that it's just me and Dan and we do what we do, but I really can't wait for her to be here either. I am secretly scared that we ruined our perfect life together but I know at the same time that soon I'm going to wonder how we ever lived without her in our life!

That's all I got for now.... Here's my 24 week update below:



How far along? 24.5 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  18 lbs!!! Good god!
Maternity clothes?  Yes but I really hate buying them, knowing its such a short time. I found some long skirts and tanks that I love and are stretchy and have just bought them in every color variation, this will probably be my summer wardrobe.
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep: Sleeping very good compared to what I hear from other ladies! I usually wake up between 4-5 to pee, but fall right back asleep.
Best moment this week: I bought paint, light fixtures, bedding and some cute storage systems for the nursery this week! Getting close to starting things in there which I am super exited for!
Miss Anything?  I've been pretty good about everything this week
Movement:  Tons! The kicks are starting to get a little more vicious then little flutters
Food cravings:  lemonade is hot right now, I guess becasue I can't really have any other fruity cocktails
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender prediction: Its a Girl!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Its starting to pop out a little bit actually
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Another sonogram in 2 weeks!


Here's a photo at the Color Me Rad 5k fun run we did, forgot to take a regular photo for the week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment